While the Center for Disease Control has recommended the use of cloth facial coverings to help slow the spread of COVID-19, Humans in Action makes no claims that our masks mitigate, prevent, treat, diagnose or cure any disease or health condition.According to the CDC, cloth face coverings should:
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change in shape.
The full guidelines can be found here: http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
Features of the Humans in Action Mask
- Pleated design and tie straps for a snug fit that conforms to many different face shapes
- Filter pouch for the option of extra protection
- Double layer, soft fabrics made of 100% cotton and poly-blend materials
- Machine washable
Please note that while we strive for uniformity, a network of sewers are making masks in their homes, so the standard sizing may vary to some degree.
The "Standard" size is meant to fit the vast majority of people, and is about 8" across and 7" high.
The "Kids" mask is about 7" across and 6" highand is meant for smaller children; older kids should feel comfortable in the Standard size.
The "XXL" size is about 9" across and 8" high, a good option for men with beards.
Washing and Care
Our masks are made from standard t-shirt material. Please wash in like colors (hot water is fine) and tumble dry.